Friday, August 26, 2011

New Lovelace and Cobb Photos Added to HaywoodCountyLine.com

I recently blogged about the great photos of my third great grandparents sent to me by Diane Lyle (who is, by the way, married to "Jack" so every time I type her name, I have a little ditty by Mellencamp in my head).

She also sent some photos of other relatives that were a little further out on the branches of my tree that were just as interesting since they were people who I had included in my ancestry charts. Now I have faces to go with the names. I have added them to the Lovelace and Cobb pages of my Web site, HaywoodCountyLine.com but wanted to post them here as well.

Click to Enlarge

Ed and Pearl Lovelace Patterson
Pearl Lovelace was the sister of my great grandfather, Jim Lovelace. This photo was taken on Poplar Corner Rd. in Haywood County which is where my grandfather also grew up and lived his entire life. The children of Pearl and Ed Patterson were Irene, Helen, Homer Edward, Viola, and Richard Hess.

Click to Enlarge

Will and Martha Adeline "Pat" Cobb Mann in 1949
Pat and Will Mann were the parents of Hattie and Sallie "Bett." Pat was the sister of my second great grandmother, Mary Etta Cobb Brantley. Another connection is that Pat and Will were married by Robert Green Marbury, my third great grandfather. Pat and Will also raised Will's nephew, Sidney Outlaw. Sidney's parents, Bill and Leanna Outlaw, died one day apart and left seven children. Leanna was Will's sister and she died when when Sidney was two years old. The rest of the children went to live with various relatives.

Click to Enlarge

Nora Cobb Gordon, Pat Cobb Mann and her daughter, Sallie Bett Mann in 1958


Nora Cobb Gordon was another sister of my second great grandmother, Mary Etta Cobb Brantley and Pat Cobb Mann. Nora and her husband, Walter Louie Gordon, were also married by my third great grandfather, Robert Green Marbury. Nora and Walter were the parents of Thomas George, Louis Clarence and William A. Gordon.

Click to Enlarge

Top L-R:  Irene Patterson, Bethie Lovelace. 
Mid. L-R:  Blanche Lovelace, Helen Patterson. 
Bot. L-R:  Myrtle White, Ebbie Lee Lovelace.


These girls were all cousins and granddaughters of Charlie B. and Nancy Jane Yelverton Lovelace. Blanche, the little girl in the middle on the left, is the sister of my grandfather, Guy Lovelace. There is a possibility they were at Charlie and Nancy Jane's farm when this photo was taken. If it is the spot I suspect it is, the pond is still there. That's the same farm my grandfather eventually purchased and on which he raised his own family including my mother. Today, it's owned by my uncle, Bill Lovelace.

Click to Enlarge

Alice Lovelace White

Alice was another sister of my great grandfather, Jim Lovelace. She married Oscar White who had originally been married to her sister, Addie Lovelace who died in 1913. According to oral family history, on her deathbed, Addie asked her sister Alice to marry her husband and take care of her children, Otie Thomas, Chester Aubry, Myrtle Lee and Oscar "Dock."

Once married, Alice and Oscar had Carl Odel whose photo is below.

Click to Enlarge

Myrtle White and Carl Odel White
Since Myrtle White and Carl Odel White had the same father and their mothers were sisters, they were both half siblings and cousins.

If you happen to have some photos of any of the families on my site, please let me know so I can include them on HaywoodCountyLine.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment